​Below is a list of common queries that students have asked us while going through the enrolment process. If you can't find the answer to your query below or you have any other questions, please contact Enrolment on 029 2020 5669 or via the​ ​Enrolment Help Link​.​

Top Tips:

  • Use a computer or laptop to complete the enrolment process. Using a phone or tablet can sometimes create issues with functionality
  • Use Internet Explorer or MS Edge as your browser if possibleChrome and Safari can sometimes create errors on the pages.
  • Your username is your Cardiff Met email address


I am a new student and cannot find a link to enrol onto my course

You will receive an email with details on how to enrol online when you have met all of your conditions of offer and your application has been updated. If you have received an email notification with your username and password, you can use the following link to enrol: Student Self-service Enrolment

As a new student, what do I need to bring with me for my Induction Week ?

It would be useful if you had the following items with you during your induction week:

  • Photo proof of ID
  • Sponsor Letter* - if you are being sponsored by your employer
  • Copies of your qualifications - if requested by Admissions
  • Birth Certificate
  • Any programme specific documents as specified in your Induction & Enrolment information

*if you don'​t upload your sponsor letter as part of your online enrolment, please scan and email a copy to enrolment@cardiffmet.ac.uk or drop a copy to one of our i-Zones at Llandaff or Cyncoed

I don't know my term time address to be able to complete my enrolment ?

Within the term time address section, if you do not know this address at the point of enrolment you can enter your parental/permanent address as your term time address. Once you know the address you will be staying at during your study period you can email Enrolment and w​e will up​date this for you. Alternatively, you can update your address through your student portal. You will however, be required to enter the type of accommodation you will be living in e.g. Cardiff Met Halls of Residence (Institution maintained property), private halls, rented accommodation etc., so select the appropriate 'type' from the drop-down list.​

I have completed my enrolment but I no longer want to attend, what should I do ?

If you wish to suspend or withdraw from your studies speak to your Programme Director as soon as possible. If, after discussing your options with your Programme Director, you still decide to suspend or withdraw (an internal transfer may be a more favourable option), then your Programme Director will complete the relevant form and submit this to the MIS Unit who will process the action and forward this onto the Enrolment Team who will inform Student Finance, where applicable. Please be aware that if you are receiving student finance then your maintenance and tuition fees are likely to be affected. It is very important that you inform us of your decision as Cardiff Met need to inform Student Finance of your change of circumstances.​

I've selected an incorrect module - how can I change it ?

If you wish to change your module please contact your School or the Programme Director​.

How do I declare a criminal conviction ?

During the enrolment process,​ applicants and current students are asked to disclose any new or previously undisclosed convictions that might affect their studies at the university. Please refer to the information on our webpages here.

I'm having problems with my student finance application, what should I do ?

Visit the Enrolment Help Link​, quoting your Customer Reference Number (CRN) assigned to you by Student Finance along with a description of the issue or visit the i-zone or Student Services. If your Student Finance status online is showing as Pending for a delayed period, please also let us know as we may be able to resolve this for you.

The programme showing on my enrolment isn't the programme I applied for ?

There could be a number of reasons for this, please contact Admissions who will look into this for you.

When will I have access to the Student Portal and Moodle ?

Once you have fully completed your online enrolment, you should be able to access these services within 24 hours.

What happens after I've completed the online enrolment ?

Once you have successfully enrolled you will be taken to an After you have Enrolled page with more information on what to expect next and information you now have access to. You will also receive an email to confirm you have completed the process successfully.

​​I am an international student, how do I enrol ?

As an international student, please contact our International Office​ who will advise you on the process and any further queries.

Will I still be able to claim student finance if I need to repeat a year of study ?

Eligibility for student finance for a repeat year of study is dependent on your previous study history.

In relation to tuition fee support, Student Finance provides funding for the duration of a course of study, and one additional year under certain circumstances. For example, if your course has a duration of 3 years, you may be entitled to 4 years of funding in total (3 + 1 = 4), if you need to repeat one year of your course, and you haven't previously repeated a year or studied on a Higher Education course prior to this one.

When applying for student finance your entitlement for funding will consider if you have undertaken a previous course at HE level, and will be reduced to reflect this.

Applicants and students should always check with Student Finance concerning your entitlement to funding.​​

For further advice and guidance you are strongly recommended to contact a Student Finance and Welfare Advisor via email: finance@cardiffmet.ac.uk or arrange an appointment via the appointment request form (under Quick Links on your student portal) to discuss your funding. Further information is also available via the webpage Student Welfare and Finance Advice

I'm encountering financial difficulty - what can I do - ​please help ?

Information is available via the webpage Student Welfare and Finance Advice. For further advice and guidance you are strongly recommended to contact a Student Finance and Welfare Advisor via email: finance@cardiffmet.ac.uk or arrange an appointment via the appointment request form (under Quick Links on your student portal) to discuss your funding.

I am a continuing student and I don't know my login details

If you need reminding o​f your username, please contact the IT Helpdesk on 02920417000; or if you just need to reset your password please click here.

When will I receive my student finance ?

Undergraduate students need to apply for student finance for each year of your course and should apply for student finance asap once applications open. Once your student finance application has been approved you should receive a payment schedule for any tuition fees and/or maintenance you have applied for from Student Finance themselves. As long as you've applied prior to the deadline (see dates below) and your application has been fully approved, then your first maintenance payments should be paid to in the 1st week of term. Subsequent payments are usually based around the dates on your Student Finance Notification.